If your pet is involved in an emergency during surgery hours, please call us immediately.
We know your pet can become ill or suffer accidents at any time. To make sure you have access to high quality care at night, weekends and bank holidays, our emergency service is VETS NOW Pengelly and Mizen, 89-93 Park Road, Peterborough, PE1 2TR
VETS NOW 89-93 Park Road Peterborough PE1 2TR
In case of emergency out of hours please call VETS NOW
What is an emergency?
You need to contact Burghley Vets 01780 762109 for an emergency appointment if: (in no particular order)
- Your pet is bloated and is trying to vomit (gastric dilation and volvulus)
- Blocked cat – your cat is unsuccessfully straining to urinate.
- Your pet has difficulty breathing.
- Your pet is continuously fitting (status epilepticus).
- Fracture – your pet has a suspected broken bone.
- They have collapsed.
- Your pet has profuse bleeding.
- Flystrike – your rabbit has a maggot/fly infestation of a wound.
- You suspect your pet has been poisoned.
- Your pet has been hit by a car.
- They have severe watery/bloody diarrhoea.
- Your pet is unconscious.
- They are in severe pain.
- The are having whelping/kittening problems.
- A surgical wound has opened up.
If it isn’t urgent, then please phone during surgery hours.